IF WE CAN’T FIND YOU QUICKLY, THEN WE CAN’T HELP YOU QUICKLY
What if someone in your home calls 911 for HELP!
Fire Department, Police and an Ambulance will respond, but need your assistance to find you faster!
- The weather conditions are bad and visibility is poor?
- You have let bushes, vines or weeds grow to hide the numbers where your address posted?
- You have placed your numbers too low on the post and they have been covered by weeds?
- You have placed brass address numbers on your post which do not contrast with the background color and can’t be easily seen?
- You placed address numbers on the mailbox, but numbers are covered when flag is pulled down?
- You have not posted your 911 number by your driveway or gate?
- Your address numbers on mailbox are small, obstructed and/or non-reflective?
PLEASE TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO ENSURE YOUR ADDRESS NUMBERS ARE PROPERLY POSTED AT YOUR HOME!
Imagine how and where emergency personnel would be looking to find your home. The more LARGER and BOLDER your address numbers are, the quicker and easier it will result in you getting help. If you were driving an emergency vehicle, what would you be looking for to find the residence quickly?
Read the following E-911 Standards and look at some examples that follow.
Should you need assitance or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact our business office at 501-821-9320. Don’t wait until there is an emergency.
911 Address Standards are listed below
Mailbox Address Number Placement:
Place mailbox post three feet from the edge of driveway and 2 feet from the edge of the roadway (same as mailbox). Post your 911 Mailbox Address Numbers on both sides of the box, facing traffic from either direction with REFLECTIVE NUMBERS AND/OR CONTRASTING NIMBERS – SIZES ARE RECOMMENDED TO BE NO LESS THAN 3″ INCHES HIGH (4″ INCH NUMBERS ARE PREFERRED)
Address Post Placement:
If your your mailbox is on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD from your property, you NEED TO INSTALL A RIGID POST by the corner of your driveway, with REFLECTIVE AND/OR CONTRASTING ADDRESS NUMBERS, on both sides, to face traffic from either direction. (3 Sides if more than two access directions exist or on a shared driveway. Post should be at least 48″ inches in height to reduce avoid obstruction by grass and weeds. Post should be placed for best visibility from ANY approaching (driving) direction.
*MAIL BOX POST KITS AND REFLECTIVE NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE AT MOST HOME IMPROVEMENT STORES.