Arkansas Fire Academy Training
- Arkansas Fire Academy Off-Campus Courses are listed at the following link http://www.sautech.edu/afta/AFAoffcampusschedule.aspx.
- Contact Chief Joblin or Training Officer Jim Whitmore for approval to attend a certified training course PRIOR to submission of training request at another Fire Department or through the SAU Fire Academy program.
- AFA COURSE ADMISSION FORM – Online Form
- A minimum of 16 hours of AFA-certified training is required each year to remain active in West Pulaski Fire Department. This is in addition to or as a part of Inter-company district training held each month.
Arkansas Department of Emergency Management
Arkansas Department of Health- Training
Federal Compliance FEMA Training
FEMA Training is available online for National Incident Management System (NIMS). All firefighters are required to complete IS 100, and IS 200 , IS 700 and IS 800courses online. Links are listed below to required and optional training courses. When you have completed a course, provide a copy of the completion certificate to your station officers and Station #1 for your permanent training record.
IS-100.b – Introduction to the Incident Command System (Required for All WPFD Firefighters!)
IS-200.b – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (Required for All WPFD Firefighters!)
IS-700.A – National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction (Required for All WPFD Firefighters!)
IS-800.B – National Response Framework, An Introduction (Required for All WPFD Firefighters!)
WPFD Monthly Training (Department /Multi-company)
WPFD Departmentwide Training will be announced each month. All station officers and firefighters are expected to attend. 434 will announce the day and times which usually occurs on the second Tuesday of each month (subject to change as needed).
WPFD Specialized Training-
- CPR training is available for anyone that needs training or recertification of their training. Contact 434 to be notified of the next class or to request a class for your station. Class size may be limited depending on the number of instructors available.